Beth Collins, M.D.
2614 Boston Post Road
Willow Hall, Suite 16C
Guilford, CT 06437
Phone: (203) 689-5295
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Motherhood is life-changing—and body-changing. Every woman experiences pregnancy differently, and pregnancy leaves different marks on every woman. Dr. Beth Collins understands that some of these changes can be hard to live with. If you want to improve your body after the rigors of pregnancy, she can help you customize your perfect mommy makeover at her Guilford practice.
The Basics of Mommy Makeover
There are few “rules” for mommy makeover surgery. That’s because it’s actually several procedures rolled into one, and you get to choose which areas of your body you want to improve. Typically, mommy makeover includes some form of breast enhancement and a tummy tuck. Popular options include:
- Breast augmentation: After pregnancy and breastfeeding are complete, the breasts lose volume and are often left with a “deflated” appearance. Breast augmentation can help restore volume and create a fuller, more voluptuous look.
- Breast lift: Administered with or without implants, a breast lift can “perk up” tired-looking or drooping breasts.
- Tummy tuck: After pregnancy, the abdomen can bulge and sag, even if you’re in relatively good shape. This is caused by the presence of excess skin, which can’t be reduced with diet and exercise. Tummy tuck reduces this skin and reshapes the navel for a taut, toned look.
- Liposuction: Isolated pockets of fat can linger even after you’ve lost the “baby weight.” Liposuction of the flanks, belly, and thighs is a common component of a mommy makeover.
- Labiaplasty: The appearance of the vulva, or external female genitalia, can change as the result of childbirth. Labiaplasty is a popular add-on to mommy makeover since it revives the appearance of this area and can help you feel confident and sexy during intimacy.
Beth Collins, M.D.
As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Beth Collins offers a blend of clinical expertise and warm, open communication to ensure beautiful results from your chosen procedure. Learn more about her experience and explore what she can do for you.Meet Dr. Beth Collins
Mommy Makeover Candidates
Mommy makeover is a completely custom-tailored surgery, and each prospective patient is evaluated based on the procedures she desires. During your consultation, Dr. Collins will discuss your desired goals with you in order to develop a surgical plan that addresses each one. You should be in good health, without any conditions that might make surgery unsafe for you. Mommy makeover is typically performed in a single surgery. For certain candidates, Dr. Collins may recommend a series of surgeries in order to ensure patient safety.
What Happens During Surgery?
The exact process of a mommy makeover largely depends on the specific procedures being performed. The surgery lasts fewer than 6 hours, and is often outpatient—which means you’ll be able to return home the same day. During surgery, Dr. Collins performs the procedures you planned together in your consultation and pre-op appointments, taking care to ensure your results match the ones you envisioned.
Mommy Makeover Recovery & Results
Most mommy makeover patients require about 2 weeks away from work and other daily activities. While you’re at home, it’s important to treat yourself well. Move around frequently, engaging in light activities around the house, to keep your blood circulating. Use your prescribed medication as directed, and get plenty of rest. Finally, be sure you have a great support system at home, and delegate housekeeping tasks and errands to friends and family members who are willing to help. By giving yourself plenty of time to rest and recuperate, you are investing in a healthy new you.
Specials & Events
There’s always something going on here at Beth Collins, M.D. Discover incredible savings on your favorite (and soon-to-be favorite) services or RSVP to an exclusive event.Learn More