Choosing the right breast implant size might seem overwhelming, but your plastic surgeon will guide you, and there are also lots of resources to help you.
Here are a few ways that may help you choose the right breast implant size.
- Look at before and after photo galleries. This can be a good place to start. It will be hard to find an exact “before” match that has your same breast size and shape, but it can help give you ideas for the looks you like, which you can show to your plastic surgeon at your consultation.
- Try the rice test. You can make your own breast implant rice sizers at home; this video gives you step-by-step instructions. Try out the sizers you make under a bra and your favorite shirts at home to get a better idea of the size and look that you like.
- Ask about take-home inflatable sizers. If you don’t want to make rice sizers, you can ask your plastic surgeon if he or she has these available for purchase so you can try them out at home.
- Order a Natrelle pre-consultation sizing kit from breast implant maker Allergan. The kit includes sample implants and a profile bra so you can get a better idea of how you will look with different breast sizes.
- Some doctors may offer 3-D imaging programs that can help you decide which breast implant size is best by using three-dimensional images of your own body.
- Ask your plastic surgeon. He or she may have their own effective method for helping patients pick a breast implant size.
Contact Dr. Collins for more information about breast augmentation.
Leave a Reply