A common problem when it comes to skin care is that oily shine that lingers on the surface of the skin. Oftentimes we don’t even realize this until someone snaps a picture and we see ourselves tagged online with a face that shines bright like a diamond. Follow these five easy tips to keep your face looking shine-free.
1. Always be moisturizing. It doesn’t matter what the weather is like outside, it is important to keep your skin moisturized daily and not just when it is hot and dry out. A daily moisturizing routine works to balance your natural oils and reduce the appearance of shine.
2. Blot, don’t powder. When you powder oily skin, you can often end up with a flaky or crackling appearance. Blotting allows you to remove excess oils without drying out or dehydrating your skin.
3. Use products containing Salicylic Acid. Salicylic Acid is a common ingredient in acne treatments and cleansers. Those that contain between 0.5-2% salicylic acid can help to prevent oily buildup from developing within the pores.
4. Wear mineral-based makeups. These makeups contain minerals that can help by acting as an absorbent to reduce excess oils and improve the look of skin.
5. Avoid spicy foods and alcohol when possible. Eating spicy foods or drinking alcohol causes the blood vessels near the surface of the skin to dilate. This raises the temperature of the skin and leaves a shiny layer of perspiration on the surface.
Looking to upgrade your skin care supply?
Call (203) 689-5295