Services like resume writers and recruiters make sense when attempting to find a new position or career. While cosmetic surgery doesn’t usually make the top of the job hunting services list, it can impact your marketability in the process.
Foremost for getting a new position is preparing for an interview by educating one’s self on particular industry trends and researching companies. However, one’s experience and youthful demeanor weigh heavily on one’s marketability.
Physical appearance also plays a big role in how confident one is in a job interview. Here are five common traits that have an impact on the first impression given and the confidence shown during the interview.
5 Facial Aesthetics That Impact First Impressions
- Smile- One of the first things an interviewer will see is the job seeker’s smile. If the interviewee is less than confident with their teeth, professional whitening may be helpful to their interview confidence.
- Skin- For both young and older workers acne, dull, or dry and flaky skin can wreck havoc on confidence levels. A chemical peel is a skin renewal treatment that will remove superficial imperfections and rejuvenate the skin.
- Minimizing Age- While age discrimination is illegal for organizations, it does not prevent potential employers from making judgements based on appearance. Cosmetic injections like Botox and dermal fillers such as Juvederm can take years off of one’s face by minimizing wrinkles and undesirable lines.
- Eyes- Procedures like Lasik will help one get rid of their dependency on glasses, but won’t address the signs of aging around the eyes. Facial cosmetic procedures like eyelid surgery, face lifts, and brow lifts, take off years of aging on one’s face by smoothing out wrinkles and lines on the face. They also address sagging skin and fat deposits that accumulate during the aging process.
- Nose- The nose plays an important role in the aesthetics of one’s face because of the line of symmetry it provides.This is especially true for appearance-based lines of work like broadcasting, acting, or politics. Having a rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, can address a broken nose or many other nasal imperfections that will greatly impact the confidence level and appearance of the job seeker.
Contact Dr. Beth Collins online, or at her Guilford, Connecticut location if you’re interested in how cosmetic procedures can help your job search.
Leave a Reply