When you think of healthy, youthful-looking skin, hydration plays an essential role. Following a daily skincare regimen that includes moisturizers is important, but you should also schedule periodic skin rejuvenation treatments that reveal refreshed skin. HydraFacial, which is an advanced version of microdermabrasion offered at our Guilford, CT, practice, is surging in popularity.
Even though HydraFacial is sometimes called “wet microdermabrasion,” there are some key differences between the 2 treatments. Microdermabrasion sprays the skin’s surface with aluminum oxide crystals, essentially “sandblasting” the skin’s outer layer. A HydraFacial treatment takes a gentler approach, vacuuming pores and then infusing the skin with moisturizing serums. The overall treatment is soothing and refreshing.
What Hydrafacial Benefits Can You Expect?
The 5 benefits of HydraFacial treatments include:
- It’s suitable for all skin types: People with sensitive skin often have to avoid skin rejuvenation treatments because they trigger flare-ups of certain conditions. HydraFacial treatments are tolerated well by patients with sensitive skin, in addition to people with oily and acne-prone skin or dry, flaky skin.
- It’s gentle: As mentioned above, a HydraFacial treatment gets the job done without the aggressiveness of other skin rejuvenation options. It cleanses, exfoliates, and extracts impurities, and then infuses the skin with hydrating serums to produce a radiant, healthy glow—all without causing discomfort. Some of our patients even consider the treatment similar to a facial massage.
- There’s no downtime: This goes hand-in-hand with the gentle nature of a HydraFacial treatment. The procedure typically takes about 30 minutes, immediately improving skin tone and texture and producing other beneficial results. You can apply makeup and return to your normal daily activities right after your appointment.
- You can combine HydraFacial with other treatments: Patients often choose to include injectable treatments, such as BOTOX® and dermal fillers, at the same time as a HydraFacial procedure. A non-ablative laser skin treatment may also complement HydraFacial results when there’s at least one week between treatments.
- It’s completely customizable: A provider can tailor a HydraFacial treatment based on the patient’s skin type, concerns, and cosmetic goals. The vacuum suction power can be adjusted so it’s gentler in sensitive spots, such as around the eyes, and a menu of serums is available to meet the patient’s needs. Eleven different skin boosters can be applied to brighten the skin, improve firmness, or target other concerns. Ingredients of these boosters include stem cells, growth factors, peptides, and acids, as well as botanical extracts.
If you’re looking for a versatile and gentle skin rejuvenation treatment that doesn’t require downtime, it’s difficult to imagine a better option than HydraFacial MD. You can learn more about the benefits of HydraFacial in Guilford or Mystic, CT, by requesting a consultation using the online form or by calling (203) 689-5295 to schedule an appointment.
Leave a Reply